Medela - Milk Collection Shells
- Dealing with leaking breast milk during feeds: If you find you’re leaking breast milk from one breast as your baby feeds from the other, Medela milk collection shells can save this excess milk while you breastfeed.
- What are breast milk collection shells: Milk collection shells are worn over your nipple to collect leaking breast milk, ensuring that not a drop that leaks during feeds goes to waste. Medela milk collection shells are made from skin-friendly materials and shaped to your body, making them comfortable and discreet to wear.
- When to use milk collection shells: You can wear milk collection shells during breastfeeding to catch leaking milk as described above, as well as between feeds to avoid wet patches.
- Note: Just remember to remove them every two to three hours and let your breasts air-dry, as this prevents any excess moisture from damaging your nipples. And avoid wearing breast shells in bed at night, as this can cause skin tenderness.
Some mothers may experience milk leakage during or between breastfeeding sessions. Medela Breastmilk Collection Shells are designed to deal with leakage hygienically and discreetly and collect breastmilk from one breast during breastfeeding. The low profile design allows them to be worn under a Medela bra without being visible and the soft silicone backs make them comfortable to wear for longer periods of time and feature a built-in spout to allow easy removal of the collected milk. They can also be used with a breast pump bra.
Care Instructions: It’s important to keep your breastfeeding accessories clean, and this includes breast milk collection shells. Before the first time you use them – and once a day thereafter – sanitize the breast shells like this:
Separate the parts and place them in a small pan filled with cold distilled water. If distilled water isn’t available, add a teaspoon of citric acid to tap water to help prevent limescale build-up.
Bring the water to a boil, and continue to boil the breast shells in it for five minutes.
Drain off the water with care, and let the parts dry on a clean cloth.
It’s also important to clean milk collection shells after each use. Separate the parts and wash them with a mild cleaning solution. Then rinse thoroughly in cold water, and dry on a clean cloth. Both the outer shell and inner membrane are dishwasher-safe, so you can also use this method of cleaning, or you could use a microwave bag.
Shipping and Return
Shipping and Return
Returns:This item is eligible for return within 7 days of delivery
Shipping: We ship all across UAE. The delivery charges are mentioned during the check out process before the final payment. There is no delivery charge for cart amount above AED 100. Anything below will be charged at AED 20 per delivery.
Once your order is accepted and approved for shipping, it is handed over to our shipping partner. If address on file is correct our courier or shipping partner will deliver the order within 24 to 48 hours (May take longer for some remote areas.).
If our courier or shipping partners find any problem with the address, they might call for clarifications and directions.
Additional fee or delivery time may be required for delivery to remote areas. Remote areas will be highlighted on the checkout page.
- Free Delivery For Order Over AED 100
- Secured Payments
- 100% Authentic