All Rentals are COVID 19 epidemic ready and safe, Rent with confidence.
Medela - Calma With 150 ml Breast Milk Bottle
Calma is an innovative feeding solution created for breastfed babies. It is designed to not interfere with breastfeeding, to let your baby feed the way they learned at the breast.
The Calma method allows baby to drink, pause and breathe in a natural rhythm, remaining calm and settled. It allows baby to create a vacuum to start the milk flow, just like he/she does while breastfeeding. Also, it lets the baby continue its natural way of sucking, allowing an easy transition from breast to Calma and back to breast again.
Calma helps the baby to avoid ingesting air during the feed with a specially designed venting system. While the principle of venting is similar to other teats, Calma is regulated by a venting system that works every time, regardless of how tightly it is secured to the baby feeding bottle. Babies will be more likely to feed calmly, in their own natural rhythm.
Each baby can synchronise individually with Calma. When breastfeeding, each babys natural rhythm for sucking is unique but they all need to create a vacuum to remove milk from the breast Calma also allows the baby to keep its own, natural rhythm of suckling and to create a vacuum for the milk to flow. This similarity between breastfeeding and suckling with Calma means that the baby can easily return to mothers breast and enjoy breastfeeding benefits and bonding for longer.
In contrast, conventional nipples change the mechanics of how your baby feeds, so it has to learn a new feeding method. As this usually requires less sucking effort, your baby may find it easier and over time be unwilling to go back to breastfeeding which requires more effort.
FLOW CONTROL VALVE: Flow control valve allows the baby to control milk flow. Milk only flows when the baby creates a vacuum.
• NATURAL FEEDING BEHAVIOUR: Baby can drink, pause and breathe in a natural rhythm, remaining calm and settled
• VENTED NIPPLE TO AVOID GASSINESS: Calma teats help the baby to avoid swallowing air during the feed, as they are regulated by a unique venting system
• One size or shape nipple for all stages of breast milk feeding, Compatible with all Medela breast milk bottles
• INCLUDES: 1) all-stage nipple, (1) 5 oz/150 ml bottle, (1) cap, (2) lids Authentic Medela spare parts are engineered, tested and approved to work specifically with your Medela breast pump.
• LOVED BY MOMS, RECOMMENDED BY DOCTORS: The world's leading brand in breastfeeding research, Medela has worked with researchers in breast milk for over 60 years, and is the #1 choice for hospitals and healthcare professionals around the world. Our multi-award winning breast pumps and accessories are used and loved by moms in over 100 countries